Terms of Membership
By signing up as an IAS member, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions at any time. The IAS reserves the right to update and change its Terms of Membership. You can always review the most current version of the Terms of Membership on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must provide your full legal name, nationality and a valid email address.
You are responsible for keeping your password private. The IAS cannot and will not be held responsible
for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your login details.
You may not use any of the IAS services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose
nor may you violate any laws in and outside your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions in order to become a member of the IAS.
- The IAS reserves the right to modify or terminate the membership for any reason, without notice at any time.
- The IAS reserves the right to refuse membership to anyone for any reason at any time.
Your use of IAS services is at your sole risk. Services are provided on an "as is"
and "as available" basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- The IAS does not warrant that services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- The IAS does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), are transferred
unencrypted and involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform
and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over (third party) networks.
You understand that all payments through credit card are not carried out by the IAS but by a third party
partner of the IAS. Therefore, all claims should be addressed to this third party. You should always
read the terms of this third party.
The IAS does not warrant that the quality of its services, or material purchased
through the IAS web site will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the services will be corrected.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the IAS services, without
the express written permission by the IAS.
- Questions about the IAS Terms of Service should be addressed to to the IAS Treasurer.
Payment of Dues
- All payments are to be made through the use of a credit card.
- All payments are carried out by a third party partner of the IAS.
- All payments are carried out on the web site of this third party (after redirection from the IAS web site).
Subscription payments are annual, starting from 1 January. The services paid for
remain accessible from the day of payment until 31 December.
- Subscription renewals are available from 1 November.
You agree that if payments are not accepted or if technical problems arise on the web site of the credit card processing company, you cannot hold
the IAS responsible for this.
In case of problems with credit card payments, you can always contact the IAS for help via the contact page provided you
give a clear description of the problem. Messages just stating that the payment does not work will not be answered.
In case nothing works to pay your dues via the credit card payment system, you can ask the IAS for a dues statement via the contact page,
with a clear motivation. This dues statement can be emailed, faxed or sent by post to the IAS Office of the Treasurer.
You agree that when using this statement, all security risks involved are completely your own responsibility.
Modifications to Services and Prices
- Prices for IAS membership and optional services are fixed for the length of one year.
- The IAS reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue any of its services with or without notice.
- The IAS shall not be liable for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of its services.